Thursday, August 19, 2010

I want to die!

I want to commit poetic suicide

I want to figuratively shoot myself in the head

Personify a leap from the 27th floor

Metaphorically overdose on pills


I want to die!

but only hypothetically

a rhythmic slaying of old habits

a removal of negative self images by inflection

recite a spoken word performance of guilt eradication


I want to commit lyrical homicide

one where no one actually feels pain

but still respond as if sentenced a literal “go to hell”

I want to wage a haiku war

where it only takes 3 lines to change lives


Death is after life

heaven is life after death

life is earth’s heaven


irrefutable evidence that heaven comes with death

so let me die!

let me die today

so that I may live in heaven tomorrow

poetically...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts